In the bulletin this week...
We’re excited that you chose to worship with us today!
Clipboards, with fill in sheets, are available for the children to use
during the worship service.
Welcome and Announcements: Pastor Jeff
Call to Worship: Michael Slagell
“Come Ye Thankful People Come” MH 519
“This is My Fathers World” MH 49
Congregational Prayer: Dwayne Slagell
Mission Moment: Reggie Miller
Rolly Walter with Avant Ministries
“Jesus Loves Me”
(Children are invited to place their offerings in the Mission Globe)
Songs of Praise
Scripture: 1 Peter 3:8-12
Read by Chris & Jessica Kimble
Sermon: “Harmony” Pastor Jeff Selzer
“Spirit of God”
Minutes from the November 5th Members Meeting have been approved by the elders and are available for review on the bulletin board in the foyer.
The December Daily Bible Reading guide & Prayer calendar is now available. Find it in the literature rack or @ pvmcok.org under the resources tab.
Missions Meeting The Missions committee will be meeting this Wednesday, November 29th, at 8pm.
Angel Tree The Angel Trees are set up in the foyer. We have 25 kids to purchase for this year. There are two angels per child, one lists the child’s clothing size and the other has toy ideas and interests. To be fair, it is very important each child has exactly 2 gifts to unwrap ˗ they can be in as big of a box as you want! As you take a set of angels, please put your name on the sheet next to your angel’s number. Gifts are to be wrapped and returned to church Sunday morning, December 10th. If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Hunt.
Singing Evening is next Sunday, December 3rd. Virgil & Meribeth Slagell, Lyndall & Kathie Switzer, Tim & Angela Stutzman, Michael & Faith Slagell, Reggie & Angel Miller are responsible for specials. If you prefer not to organize a special for the month, or have a conflict, please contact Seth Thomas.
Approved Giving List Update The Elders have added the Gideons to the PVMC approved giving list. To give to the Gideons through PVMC, write checks out to PVMC and then note on the memo line “Gideons”. May God bless the sharing of His Word.
2024 Annual Business Meeting The annual business meeting is set for Sunday, January 28th. The meeting is open to anyone who wants to learn more about PVMC. A list of committees with terms ending in 2023 and are open for nomination has been posted to the bulletin board in the foyer. If you are interested in serving, please contact someone on a committee and let them know. Committees are asked to begin collecting financial reports, 2024 budgets and nominations. These can be given to the church office or emailed to email@example.com
Children’s Christmas Program Practice
- Sunday, Nov. 26th: Sunday School Hour
- Wednesday, Nov. 29th: 6 – 7:30 pm (Supper Provided)
- Sunday, Dec. 3rd: Sunday School Hour
- Wednesday, Dec. 6th: 6 – 7:30 pm (Supper Provided)
- Sunday, Dec. 10th: Sunday School Hour
- Wednesday, Dec. 13th: 6 – 7:30 pm (Supper Provided)
- Saturday, Dec. 16th: 9 am ~ Dress Rehearsal (Snack Provided)
- Sunday, Dec. 17th: Sunday School Hour
Program Performance 6 pm Sunday December 17th
Today, November 26, 2023
9:30 am Sunday School
10:30 am Worship service
5:00 pm Fellowship Hall Reserved
This week Nov 27th – Dec 2nd
Tue 6 – 8 pm TLC Thomas 1st Christian
Church (Looming Class)
Wed 6 pm Children’s Program
8 pm Missions Meeting
Fri Fellowship Hall Reserved
Next Sunday, December 3rd
9:30 am Sunday School
10:30 am Worship service
6:00 pm Singing Evening
December 4th CEC Meeting
December 10th Fellowship Hall Reserved
December 16th Dress Rehearsal for
December 17th Children’s Christmas
December 19th Fellowship Hall Reserved
December 24th Christmas Eve Service
January 7th Communion
January 28th Annual Business Meeting
Add your prayer requests by contacting Pastor Jeff or the church office.
For our church family
That Christ may be seen in us.
Our homebound members ~ Jeanette Peters, Marjorie Shantz,
Bertha Miller, Vernon Slagle (at Maple Lawn Manor)
- Melissa Detweiler ~ Recovering from back surgery
- Warren Slagell ~ Rehabilitating at Maple Lawn Manor
- Mim Mast
- Ruthie Miller ~ Recovering from shoulder surgery
- Jordan Nel ~ Complications with pregnancy
- Phyllis Stutzman ~ Recovering from a fall with an ankle injury
Pastor Jeff, Dana & family
Elders & families
In our community
For those who don’t know Jesus as their Lord and Savior and unity among those who do.
Local Ministries: Agape Health Clinic, Branch 15, Habitat for Humanity, Connections Food & Resource Center, First Choice, Etc Shop,
Hope is Alive
- Bill Lacy ~ hospice ~ Chrissy Eichelberger’s dad
- Janet Kauffman ~ chemo ~ Michael & Warren Slagell’s sister
- Gloria Loken ~ Marjorie Shantz’s daughter, Tim’s sister
Our local, state, and national leaders
- OK Senator Darcy Jech
- OK Representative Anthony Moore
- US Representative Frank Lucas & Alison Slagell
- US Senators Mark Wayne Mullen/James Lankford & Bryce Slagell
Around the World
Serving in the US
- Oklahoma MDS
- Corey & Brooke Makeever – STUMO
- Cadon Detweiler – Victory Bible Camp
Serving in other Countries
- Befon Asiago -Lifeway Children’s Centre
- Rolly Walter
- Kiran Paul & Lakshmi -Berachah Ministries
- Global Disciples
Looking for a Sunday School Class? Here are some options
9:30 AM Sunday school for all ages
10:30 AM Worship (in person or online)
5:45 PM Meal
6:30 PM Activities for all ages